The Salary Question In Job Application And During Interview


How To Handle The Salary Question In Job Application And During Interview

 1.  Never include salary history in a resume or application, even when requested. If your background is strong enough and you meet the majority of the qualifications, the company will most likely contact you anyway. 

   2. When filling out an application and you are asked for current compensation, write, "Will discuss in interview." If asked for desired salary, indicate "negotiable." 


   3. When asked about your current salary in an interview, you can respond by saying, "Frankly, I would like to see my income with your company based on the responsibilities of this position and what you believe my skills are worth to your company, not on what I have been earning." Then follow with this question, "What is the range you have budgeted for this position?" Or you might respond by saying "I'm really not comfortable addressing my previous [current) income, because it isn't a fair indicator of the strengths I bring to this new opportunity." Then follow by asking, " What are you looking to compensate someone -- what is your range?" 


   4. If you are asked about expected or desired salary in an interview, you can respond by saying, "I don't have an absolute figure in mind. I recognize that my compensation will involve a package including benefits and possibly incentives, so I am very willing to negotiate with you. I have no doubt that if we are comfortable with each other, and you want me as a part of your team, that salary will not be an issue that keeps us apart." Again, and importantly, follow with the question, "What is your range?" or "What are you looking to pay someone for this responsibility?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOOLS YOU NEED BEFORE YOU TRANSCRIBE THAT AUDIO

TRUTH ABOUT DUNDORI GWA KIONGO

WHO HAS THE CHEAPEST DATA BETWEEN SAFARICOM, AIRTEL AND TELKOM KENYA